I may not be a true “purebred” New Yorker, but I have lived in the city for quite some time and done the touristy things. Once you live here, you truly understand how many new places there are to try. Instead of giving you a boring “NYC guide” I am going to give you a list of some of my favorite places to eat between Manhattan & Brooklyn. A lot of these are totally hidden gems that you can only find from a great rec! * Insert me as your recommendation. No time to waste..
– Rubys, Mulberry st– fresh, local and insanely delicious breakfast
– Two Hands, Nolita– another perfect breakfast/ brunch spot ( get the walnut banana bread & Avo toast)
– Jacks wife Freda, Soho– This is a more popular spot but worth the (could be 2 hour wait on a Saturday, wake up early 🙂 )
Dinner spots/ Drinks-
– Uncle Boons, Spring st– $$$- Thai– Not your traditional Thai food place but the food is outstanding ..have to mention I did see Anne Hathaway 🙂
– Thai Villa, Flat Iron– Very good Thai food at a more reasonable price. This atmosphere is so fun and energetic
– Dear Irving, Gramercy– This is a GREAT late night bar/ speak easy that is very hidden and hard to find ( at least I could not find it). Drinks are a delight and the atmosphere is everything cozy, comfortable with a touch of the 50s. Also a great place for a fancy date!
– The Fat Radish, LES– this trendy modern British fare is so so good and a very romantic dinner spot with great wine/ drinks. You may end up here all night not wanting to leave!
– Lena Bar, West Village– Only the cutest wine bar in the west village. A great spot before a dinner party or going out!
– Attaboy, LES– innovative & creative cocktails – be prepared for a 2 hour wait at this small, cute speakeasy (worth the wait)
– Zest, LES/ Chinatown– OK this one is hard for me to give up but I feel I had to. It is probably my favorite sushi place I have ever been to..they have happy hour from 4-7 every day and besides the great prices the food is SO FRESH!
– Friedmans, 3 locations– I love the Friedmands in midtown, went here with the babe and we loved how easy and cute this place was. New American food and a great place to stop in for either a quick bite or dine!
– jajaja, LES, West Village, BK– Vegan you say? This is your place! Vegan, Mexican and a great place for a group of friends for lunch or dinner.
–Syndicated, Bushwick– Not only a great wine bar but also the coolest movie theatre. A lot of times they will play old movies & new movies but also popular events on TV!
– Doc Asian Eatery, Bushwick– Great Asian food in the heart of Bushwick, one of my favorite go-to’s.
–SEA, Williamsburg– Ok obviously I love Thai, but these have other options as well if you are not a Thai lover. SEA is a scene for sure. Very vibrant and fun!
– Archies, Brooklyn– If you have not heard, Archies is one of the best pizza places in BK..down and dirty, bar vibe. SUPER FUN!
– Olea, Brooklyn– This place seriously took me by surprise. It is for sure a hidden gem but amazing wine, amazing mediterranean food, amazing atmosphere.
– Father Knows Best, Bushwick– Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Party! You name it, they have live music at night and honestly a DEAL with the menu. Cheers!
– Pearls Social & Billy Club, Bushwick– “A cozy neighborhood bar in the heart of Bushwick” This is their quote on their website..its exactly that!
– Lilia Restaurant, Williamsburg– If you are an italian lover, this is your spot! Very classic italian spot with a warm cozy feel inside.
– The Bedford, Williamsburg– A speakeasy bar, gastropub..upscale and fun dining experience. Food is to die for..
– Miss Ada, Fort Greene– “Mediterranean food with a twist, serving in the heart of Brooklyn’s Fort Greene”- the website will give you all you need to know about this quaint little place in FG, Brooklyn.
These are just a few of my favorites! If you are loving these let me know below in the comments and maybe I will keep adding more to a new blog post soon! xo,